CATTLE HIGH MAG
Crystalyx Cattle High-Mag is a high magnesium lick that is designed to reduce the risk of hypomagnesaemia (grass staggers or grass tetany) in beef and dairy livestock. The quality of the magnesium and the method in which Cattle High-Mag is produced means that it is highly palatable.
Magnesium Supplementation: Cattle are in most need of magnesium supplementation during Spring and Autumn months. Spring grass is typically fast growing and lush, however it usually contains high levels of potassium which reduces magnesium availability. Cattle must include magnesium in their diet in order to reduce the risk of hypomagnesaemia (grass staggers or grass tetany), magnesium salts are a way of providing a source of magnesium, but they are bitter and not readily taken by cattle. Cattle High-Mag however provides a highly palatable form of magnesium that is readily available with every lick that the cow takes. Research at Glasgow University (School of Veterinary Medicine) has confirmed that the high digestibility and availability of Crystalyx Cattle High-Mag ensures the risk of hypomagnesaemia is significantly reduced. Costing between 15p and 23p per day, Crystalyx Cattle High-Mag is convenient and economical to use.
- Optimises performance by stimulating forage intakes and digestibility while providing all essential mineral, trace elements and vitamins.
- The most palatable high magnesium block on the market (30% sugar).
- Contains multiple magnesium sources to maintain normal blood magnesium levels.
- High digestibility and magnesium availability confirmed through trials at Glasgow Veterinary School.
- Intakes 150-200g/cow/day costing 13-18p/cow/day.
- Available in 22.5Kg tubs and 80Kg buckets